Creation of GLADA
For speedy and better development of Ludhiana city, Punjab Government constituted this authority vide below notification :
Government of Punjab
Department of Housing & Urban Development
13/192/2006- Hg2/12706 Dated Chandigarh
Whereas the Government of Punjab is of the opinion that the object of proper development and re-development of the area failing within the revenue district of Ludhiana and the Phillaur tehsil of district Jalandhar will be served while entrusting the work of development and re-development there of a Special Authority.
Therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 29(I) the Punjab Regional and Town Planning & Development Act, 1995 (Punjab Act No.11 of 1995), the Governor of Punjab is pleased to constitute establish the Greater Ludhiana Area Development Authority for area failing in city of Ludhiana and other area falling within the revenue district of Ludhiana and Phillaur district of Jalandhar as defined in the annexed Drawings No. (L)23/06 dated 18.12.06. The Authority shall comprise of the following official members:
1. Chief Minister, Punjab Chairman
2. Housing and Urban Development Minister Member
(when in position)
3. Chief Secretary Member
4. Principal Secretary (Finance) Member
5. Principal Secretary (Local Government) Member
6. Principal Secretary Housing and Urban Member
7. Principal Secretary to Chief Minister Punjab Member
8. Chief Town Planner, Punjab Member
9. Chief Administrator Greater Ludhiana Area
Development Authority Member
10.Three non official members to be nominated
by the Govt. Member.
3. Chef Administrator, Greater Ludhiana Area Development Authority shall be appointed by the Government.The Commissioner, Municipal Corporation, Ludhiana will function as Chief Administrator of the Greater Ludhiana Area Development Authority till an officer is appointed as such by the Government.
4. The head quarters of the Authority shall be at Ludhiana. The office of the ACA, PUDA Ludhiana will house the office of Greater Ludhiana Area Development Authority and will be expanded as per its requirements.
5. All the powers and functions of the Punjab Urban Planning & Development Authority relating to the development and re-development of Ludhiana and adjoining areas forming part of Greater Ludhiana Area Development Authority shall be exercised by the Greater Ludhiana Area Development Authority as constituted.
6. The Principal Secretary Housing and Urban Development will be the Vice Chairman of Greater Ludhiana Area Development Authority.